Skip to main content
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL PATIENTS
- Wear comfortable, short sleeve, loose-fitting clothing and no makeup or jewelry to your appointment.
- Refrain from smoking or vaping cigarettes or marijuana for at least 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Clean your mouth and teeth well prior to surgery to help prevent infection.
- Eat a light, easily digestible meal, consume no alcoholic beverages, and get a good night’s sleep the night before surgery.
- Cell phones are not permitted in surgery areas.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS HAVING A GENERAL ANESTHETIC
- Do NOT eat or drink anything for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment. NO FOOD AND NO LIQUID. If you need to take regularly prescribed medication, you may use a very small amount of water to help you swallow your pill.
- Arrange for a relative or friend to drive you home after surgery. Under no circumstances may you drive for 24 hours following surgery, or while taking prescription pain medication.
- We also recommend that you have a responsible adult with you post-operatively to help with any needs you may have.