INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL PATIENTS:
◦ Wear comfortable, short sleeve clothing and no makeup or jewelry to your appointment, including ear, face, and oral piercings.
◦ Eat an easily digestible meal, consume no alcoholic beverages, and get a good night’s sleep the night before surgery.
◦ Refrain from smoking or vaping tobacco or marijuana or consuming edibles of any kind for 2 days prior to surgery.
◦ Clean your mouth and teeth well prior to surgery to help prevent infection.
◦ Remove nail polish and/or acrylic gel from both index fingers.
◦ Trim facial hair to no more than ¼” if you are having implants or general anesthesia.
◦ Cell phones are not permitted in surgery areas.
◦ Minors must have a guardian in the building at all times.
IF YOU WILL BE HAVING ORAL SEDATION:
◦ Arrange for a friend or relative to drive you to and from your appointment, as well as stay with you until your surgery and after you have arrived home for as long as needed. No driving for 24 hours or while taking prescription pain medication.
◦ Do not take any other sedatives along with the oral sedation (Valium, narcotics, sleeping pills, etc.)
IF YOU WILL BE HAVING GENERAL ANESTHESIA OR IV SEDATION:
◦ Do NOT eat or drink anything for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment. NO FOOD, LIQUID, GUM, OR MINTS. Unless instructed otherwise, please take regularly prescribed medication with a very small sip of water to help you swallow your pills.
◦ Arrange for a friend or relative to drive you home after surgery and stay with you until you have recovered adequately. Under no circumstances may you drive for 24 hours following surgery or while taking prescription pain medication.